6 iul. 2015

In a Vase on Monday - second bloom

Azi le-am ales pe cele care au înflorit a doua oară, mixandre, salvie albastră, pansele și weigela, îmi place că nu s-au lăsat și au mai încercat o dată ( iar vasul și colierul sunt din Grecia, care mi-e dragă, că ne-a primit frumos de multe ori și apoi, vorba lui Shelley, într-un fel sau altul” we are all Greeks”)./ Today I have picked flowers that have just entered a much smaller second bloom cycle -  Matthiola incana, blue Salvia, pansies and Weigela. I like their struggle of not giving up and do it again. Both the glass vase and the necklace are from Greece, a country I like as it has made us feel great several times and because, as Percy B. Shelley says, in a way or another ” we are all Greeks”.




10 comentarii:

  1. Anca your vase is stunning...love the deep blue and purples in that amazing Greek vessel...I did not know that was a necklace...beautiful!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. It is a necklace I bought in Santorini many years ago. I have just seen your vase, it looks so fresh...thanks for visiting, Donna!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. So pretty, Anca! I love Matthiola for its color range, shape and scent. The few I had this year are long gone so it's nice to see yours this week.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Second bloom, always surprising! Thanks for visiting, Kris!

      Ștergere
  4. Your selection of flowers is wonderful Anca. I love the range of colors, especially Matthiola.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  5. Beautiful flowers. I like the smaller flowers too... in a jam jar or tiny vase on a bedside table. Perfect.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
    Răspunsuri
    1. Small flowers look great in any vase, thanks for visiting my blog!

      Ștergere
  6. What lovely colours - and for some reason the vase made me think of coloured ribbons. The matthiola is especially stunning. Thanks for sharing

    RăspundețiȘtergere